August Round 4 : 24th -27th
Bank Holidays are always fun and this weekends football didn’t disappoint. 2 rounds of National League action meant a lot of games and a lot of points. This didn’t quite transfer to lots of points for the players but you can see all that below.
Week Team Standings
Peterborough United top the charts this round thanks to a 94th minute 5th goal that earned them an additional 5 bonus points. The rest of the top 10 is dominated by National League teams thanks to them having 2 games this weekend. The Top 10 this weekend scored a massive 95 points, and if you had Peterborough as a trump team you could have scored 108 points.
Standings for Round: 4
Congratulations to Jacob Troughton for finishing top this weekend with 54 points. James Marchants revival continues with a joint 2nd place with Keith Parish.
An off week for experienced Leaguer’s Chris Thomas and Anthony Doyle, both with a poor 23 points. Anthony has been leading all month, how has this affected things? We are about to find out…
Standings for August
With 1 game to go (info below) we have a new leader – Keith Parish (in his first month playing) takes the lead and is very likely to be our first winner of the season. Ian Porter is 10 points back in 2nd and Gareth Thomas (me) is a further 3 points back in 3rd. Anthony Doyle (Who has lead for most of the month) has dropped down to 6th after a poor weekend – this game can be brutal.
There is one game left in August’s competition – an a massive game at that – Leeds vs Middlesborough, top of the table clash in the Championship is on Friday 31st August at 7:45pm. If you have either team I would recommend making them your trump team for this game (this wont affect the rest of your weekends games as they fall into Septembers game)
Round 5 Aug 31st – September 3rd
Round 5 sees a full round of fixtures, so that’s 116 teams playing in 58 games. The round kicks off with Leeds vs Middlesborough and ends with Burnley vs Man United and another top of the table clash (and London derby) Watford vs Tottenham at 4pm on Sunday.
Entry is now open for Septembers League of leagues. If you are reading this but didn’t play in August, don’t worry simply register and enter some new entries for September. If you did play in august there are a few different options
- If you selected Auto Load and are happy with your teams we will re-enter the same teams you had for August.
- If you select Auto load but want to change your teams – go ahead and use the entry sheet to enter.
- If you didn’t select Auto Entry then you’ll need to re-enter.
The entry form remembers your latest entries, which makes it a bit easier if you only want to change a few teams. Don’t forget to invite your friends/team mates/work colleagues/randoms to the game and show them you know more about football than they do. We will have a September Preview available for you tomorrow.
New Features and Bug Fixes
. You may have noticed a few changes throughout the month, this is because we are always trying to improve the experience. We have added the below
- A note to the my picks tab to tell you when substitutions are open and when any pending subs will be applied
- A note to my picks tab to tell you when entry for the next month is open and what you need to do
- The real league tables are now available should you wish to check these when deciding which teams to choose. Simply go to “Team Info -> Tables” or click here. These are the real league tables and include results from all fixtures, not only those applicable to league of leagues.
We also do have some issues from time to time and we have worked hard to fix a few this month
- Added automatic fixture correction when results come in incorrectly from our feed
- Fixed the team summary page issues, you can now click on any team via form or league table and see a summary.
- Substitutions ran at the wrong time during round 2 – we updated the scores and applied the changes.